Friday, August 28, 2009

New Skin Care Routine

My face is so not happy lately so I've purchased some new items for my skin care. It's only been a day but I really like everything so far! Usually my skin knows right off the bat if it dislikes something. Here's what I'm trying-Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion SPF 15 for Sensitive Skin

Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

Both were cheap! $3 and some change for the bar and around $10 for the lotion. I've read really good reviews on the Cetaphil. My facial cleanser has not worked for me since I bought it but I kept using it anyways, my face was tight and dry and just not getting better with it. I was using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash but I really think my skin does not like salicylic acid which this (along with many other acne treatments) has in it. The Cetaphil smells soapy, like a hotel soap. But it rinses really well, makes my skin feel clean, not dry, and feels really gentle. The lotion is also gentle, doesn't make me itchy, red and splotchy like every other lotion seems to do. It feels light and doesn't make me overly moisturized- i.e. oily. No strong smell. Plus it comes in a really generous sized bottle and has a screw on cap so if I throw it in my bag I won't worry about it leaking anywhere.

My first impressions have me impressed, but I'll do a proper review after I use these for a few weeks. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment