Friday, July 24, 2009

Power IQ 1875 Watt Turbo Hair Dryer Review


        Almost one month ago I came home and realized my hair dryer plug had somehow got bent. It was a drugstore Conair type which I've had for many years. Nothing special but it did the job. So off to Sally's I went for a new one. Looking around the shelves, one caught my eye, being bright and a really really good price. I didn't want to spend a lot. It also had a concentrator nozzle which is something I wanted. I walked out of the store with my new white Power IQ 1875 Watt Turbo Hair Dryer. As I was checking out, the cashier said it was a good one. It's alright.

Functionality: 3 out of 5

Design: 3 out of 5

Quality: 3 out of 5

Price: 5 out of 5

Overall: 3 out of 5

Where I bought it: Sally's Beauty Supply

Price Paid: $24.99 but is now reduced to $19.99 

Pros: Multiple heat and speed settings. Not too loud. Dries my hair fairly fast. Instant cold button. Removable lint filter. 9 ft. cord. Attachment included. Looks nice.

Cons: Heavy and awkward, makes the included nozzle pointless since you can't properly handle the dryer. Too hot on hottest setting, not hot enough on second highest. Feels like it damages my hair(more so than my experiences with other dryers). Seen sparks when switching settings while on the first few times.

Conclusion: If you're looking for a hair dryer on a budget, this is probably a good bet. You'll save time but not effort. Just make sure to get a good heat protection spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment